- The results from our first photocatalytic project; Photoredox-Catalyzed Vinylations to Functionalized Alkenes and C-Glycosides, is now available on ChemRxiv. Well done Bhaskar & Ester!
- We welcome Judith Braunreuther for a 5 month Erasmus exchange in the group.
- The next International Conference in Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry, ICHIC 7, will be held in Stockholm June 25-28, 2023. We welcome everyone interested in this emerging research field to participate! The deadline for registration and abstract submission in April 1.
- We welcome Erika back to Stockholm University after a 3 month PhD exchange period in Varinder Aggarwal's group at Bristol University.
- Our difunctionalization of sulfur nucleophiles is accepted in Angewandte Chemie, congratulations Shobhan and Ester!
- We had a day discussing chemistry with the 2021 Nobel Laureates Ben List and David MacMillan. Berit organized a strategy meeting with SUCCeSS and Leonard presented his project - pictures will come soon!
- We welcome Ester back to Stockholm after a 3 month PhD exchange period in Daniele Leonori's group at Aachen University
- Berit has been awarded Arrheniusplaketten, read the award motivation here! The medal will be recieved at a lecture December 6.
- Erika's STAR Protocol, which describes the diarylation method in detail, has been published!
- Erika has joined Varinder Aggarwal's group at Bristol University for a 3 month PhD exchange.
- The synthesis of cyclic and acyclic ortho-aryloxy diaryliodonium salts for chemoselective functionalizations is now published in Chem. Eur J., congrats Erika & Niels!
- Ester has joined Daniele Leonori's group in Aachen for a 3 month PhD exchange.
- We welcome Benjamin Gunschera as a new PhD student in the group!
- Erika and Ester presented posters at BOSS in July.
- Berit gave a lecture and Ester presented a poster at EuChemS in August.
- Berit was part of the organizing committee for the Young Investigator Workshop in August.
- Our mechanistic study of VBX reactions, "Explaining Regio-Divergent Vinylations with Vinylbenziodoxolones" is now published in Angewandte Chemie. Congratulations Ester!
- Conference planning for the summer: Erika and Ester will present posters at BOSS in July; Berit will give lectures at EuChemS in August and Medicinal and Organic Chemistry Symposium in September, and participate in the Young Investigator Workshop in Lisbon.
- We welcome Miguel de Vries Ibanez for a 3 month internship in the group!
- We're going to Linköping for SweChem 2022 - looking forward to a real conference again! Ester and Erika will give oral presentations of their projects.
- Berit was one of the "Promotors" at the recent Stockholm university ceremony to celebrate new Doctors and Professors.
- Read our mechanistic study of VBX reactions: "Explaining Regio-Divergent Vinylations with Vinylbenziodoxolones", now available in ChemRxiv. Well done Ester!
- We have an PhD position available for a talanted student - applications must go through the Stockholm university application system, deadline April 22.
- Berit gave a talk "Story behind my CV" in the seminar series on Gender, gender equality and the natural sciences organized by the Gender academy at SU.
- Read Erika's profile and Mike Greaney's preview of our paper in Chem!
- Berit was interviewed about gender equality work at Stockholm University.
- The ICHIC meeting in Moscow has been cancelled due to the Russian war in Ukraine - the next location & time to be decided.
- Our massive project on atom-efficient diarylations through a cascade SNAr and subsequent aryl transfer to yield diaryl ethers, diarylamines and triarylamines is now published in Chem! Congratulations Erika, David, Gabriella and Nibadita!
- Read more about the diarylation project in the press release.
- We have a new master student in the group; welcome Niels Knippenberg!
- Our massive project on atom-efficient diarylations through a cascade SNAr and subsequent aryl transfer to yield diaryl ethers, diarylamines and triarylamines has been accepted for publication in Chem! Congratulations Erika, David, Gabriella and Nibadita! An early version of the manuscript is available on ChemRxiv.
- We have a new post doc, Sayad Doobary, since November 1st, welcome!
- Amanda Vallin does a short practical project in the group, welcome!
- We welcome Leonard Kersting back to the group, now as a PhD student!
- Erika's and David's manuscript has been uploaded on ChemRxiv - we're happy to share the results on atom-efficient diarylation methodology with a wide substrate scope.
- Sebastian Beil, who did a Bachelor thesis in the group in 2013, has been recruited as Assistant Professor at Groningen University, congratulations!
- Berit lectured at Athens summer school on organic synthesis (ASSOS) in August.
- Berit is part of Angewandte Chemie's redefined International Advisory Board.
- Erika Linde successfully presented her halftime seminar June 29, with Prof. Daniel Strand from Lund University as opponent. We're now finalizing the manuscript describing her exciting results!
- The Chemistry section developed a new outreach concept together with KRC last year, called "Zoom with a PhD student". Highschool teachers are offered to book zoom talks on various chemistry topics to stimulate the chemistry interest of their pupils, and our PhD students get a chance to practice presentation of their research to the public. The concept was very well recieved, and has now become a national project! Spring lectures - Fall lectures
- Erika Linde will present her halftime seminar June 29, with Prof. Daniel Strand from Lund University as opponent.
- Strange conference times - Berit gave digital versions of invited talks at the Tetrahedron Symposium in June, and at ECHC in April.
- The PhD position is now closed, we're happy to welcome Leonard Kersting to the group in October.
- Bhaskar Pal has started a WennerGren Foundation-funded post doc in the group. Welcome!
- We have an open PhD position in Metal-free synthetic organic chemistry. Application deadline April 23, all applications must be submitted through the Stockholm university website.
- Ester has passed her halftime seminar with Prof. Mate Erdelyi as the opponent.
- Shobhan Mondal has started a 2 year post doc in the group, welcome!
- Photos from Gabbi's defence are now available!
- Gabbi successfully defended her thesis February 26, with Prof. Boris Nachtsheim as the opponent, congratulations Dr. Kervefors!!!
- The project on N-arylation of amino acid esters is published as a Hot paper in Chem. Eur. J. - congratulations Gabbi & Leonard!
- The collaboration with Ulf Nilsson's group on biological studies of O-arylated carbohydrates is now published in in a special issue of Helv. Chim. Acta, dedicated to Prof. Antonio Togni's 65th birthday. Congrats Gabbi, Gergely and the team in Lund (and Antonio)!
- Gabbi will defend her thesis, with Prof. Boris Nachtsheim as opponent, on February 26th at 10.00. The defence will be public and digital (zoom link here). Mark your calendars!
- We finally have a new group picture, with covid distancing of course!
- Micaela Ubillos and Alexandru Postole have started projects in the group, welcome!
- The announced CTS post doc position, which attracted a large number of high quality applications, has now been filled. The next planned opening is a PhD position that will be announced in April.
- Berit was on the TV3 show "Swedish Heroes" December 17, talking about the hand sanitizer project. Links to the whole program and to the section with the interview.
- Another post doc position available in the lab! Application deadline January 10.
- The third Hypervalent Iodine virtual symposium took place November 18, with Berit & Thomas Wirth as the invited speakers. See Berit's lecture here.
- Update on announced positions:
Post doc position - deadline passed, interviews will take place in early December.
PhD position - deadline passed, 5 persons selected for interviews, will take place in the end of November. Candidates who did not reach interviews notified.
- Berit is included along with many eminent fellow scientists in the list of World's Top 2% Scientists! The ranking is based on c-score, a composite indicator for career-long impact. The list can be downloaded here.
- The third virtual Hypervalent Iodine virtual symposium will take place November 18, with Berit & Thomas Wirth as the invited speakers. Registration is free of charge.
- Our P-vinylation with VBX is now published in Chemical Communications, congrats Laura & Adam!
- We have been nominated to the "Hero of the year" prize for our hand sanitizer project. The winner is selected through a public vote, so make your voice heard!
- The Chemistry section website features an article about Berit in English and Swedish.
- We are looking for talanted coworkers to join the group, and have an announced positions for a PhD student and a post doc. Welcome with your application by November 5 and November 15, respectively!
- Laura and Leonard have now left the group, we are sorry to see you leave!
- Our S-vinylation of thiols with VBX has been accepted in Angewandte Chemie! Congratulations Laura, Ester, Marcus & Barbara!
- Berit led the Chemistry section initiative to produce hand sanitiser for the health care system during the initial phase of the corona crisis. Chemists from several departments were involved in the production, we delivered 22 000 liters in total! The intiative was features in several media, including the following:
Stockholm University films in English & Swedish
Stockholm university article in English & Swedish
SVT "En kväll tillsammans" (program in Swedish, our part was after 1 h 10 min)
SVT Stockholm (film clip in Swedish)
Life Science Sweden/Kemivärlden (article in Swedish)
Dagens Nyheter (article in Swedish)
Aftonbladet (article in Swedish)
Expressen (article in Swedish)
Visit by the President of Stockholm University (blogg in Swedish)
- The Chemistry section website now features an interview with Erika about life as a PhD student, and a photo of Ester was selected to illustrate the labs in a course description. Well done!
- Berit has joined the International Advisory board of Angewandte Chemie.
- Leonard has joined the group as an Erasmus student from Marburg. Welcome!
- Adam & Malte left the group in December.
- Gabbi won a poster prize at the 27th International society of Heterocyclic chemistry congress (ISHC) in Kyoto, congratulations!
- Gabbi has moved to Japan for a 3 month exchange period in Prof. Masayuki Inoue's group at the University of Tokyo. She will also participate in the 27th International society of Heterocyclic chemistry congress (ISHC) with a flash presentation and a poster. Good luck!
- Malte has joined the group as an Erasmus student from Kiel. Welcome!
- Congratulations to our former post doc Guru, who has accepted a job offer as Assistant Professor at IIT Jammu!
- The annual Alumni BBQ will take place on September 7th, welcome all current and past coworkers!
- We have created a closed Facebook group called "BO Group and Alumni" and welcome all past coworkers to join.
- Laura has received the Karl Schlögl Award from the Austrian Academy of Sciences for her PhD thesis, congratulations!!
- Adam has joined us as an exchange PhD student for 4 months. Welcome!
- Sarko has left the group after 2 months of summer job.
- Berit was elected as the vice President of the International Committee of ESOC 2021.
- Gabbi presented a poster at the European Symposium of Organic Chemistry (ESOC) in Vienna, and two former post docs from the group, Gergely Tolnai & Vittorio Pace, presented their work as PIs!
- Berit participated at the Young Investigator Workshop (YIW) in Vienna as Secretary/Vice president of the EuChemS Organic Chemistry Division.
- Sarko has begun his summer job in the gorup. Welcome!
- Berit has been awarded the "Lindbomska reward" by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- Laura & Ester participated with a poster at Trends in Organic Chemistry: Base metal catalysis in Lund.
- David Bulfield has started his post doc in the group, welcome!
- Ester delivered a delicious crumble for the group meeting & long lasting cake competition.
- Erika has begun doctoral studies in the group after successfully defending her Master thesis.
- The announced post doc position has been filled, and we welcome Dr. David Bulfield from the Ruhr-Universität-Bochum, Germany to join the group later this spring.
- The cover page for our asymmetric acylations with Weinreb amides has been published in ChemSusChem, nice work Serena!
- Berit gave a lecture at the PhD day at Uppsala University, organized by the Pharmaceutical doctoral council.
- Dr. Guru Ramani has left the group after 2 years of post doc, we wish him the best of luck back in India!
- Erika has successfully defended her Master project (60 ETCS) and will soon begin doctoral studies in the group. Well done Erika!
- The announced post doc position is now closed, and the top-ranked applicants will be contacted for Skype interviews. All applicants will be informed of the outcome by the end of March.
- Gabbi has successfully defended her halftime report with Peter Dinér as the opponent. Congratulations!
- We have two new participants in the long lasting cake competition.
- We have a post doc opening in the lab, with deadline February 28th. Application details here.
- Berit gave an invited lecture in Uppsala January 24th, at the Minisymposium to celebrate the 2018 Ulla & Stig Holmquist Science Prize in Organic Chemistry.
- Vittorio's post doc project on asymmetric acylations with Weinreb amides has been published in ChemSusChem, after much further work in Vittorio's lab. Well done!
- Marcus has successfully defended his thesis, with Prof. Michael Greaney as opponent. Congratulations Dr. Marcus!
- The program for the Christmas conference included meeting Frances Arnold!
- The Patai book on Hypervalent Halogen Chemistry, which Berit is one of the Editors of, finally has all the chapters published online, including our own chapter on Arylations. Congratulations Piret!
- The announced PhD position has now been filled; Erika Linde will start her PhD studies in the group in the spring, upon finishing her Master thesis.
- The announced PhD position has now been filled; Erika Linde will start her PhD studies in the group in the spring, upon finishing her Master thesis.
- We welcome Peter for a Bachelor degree project in the group.
- Post doc opportunity: the Visby program offers funding for 1 year post docs for researchers from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. Contact Berit if you want to apply. The deadline is December 12.
- We welcome Ester Di Tommaso as a new PhD student in the group!
- Photos from the 22nd ICOS in Florence uploaded.
- Gabbi won another poster prize for the amine arylation at the 7th EuCheMS in Liverpool, congratulations! Photos from the conference are now uploaded.
- Photos from the annual Alumni BBQ in September have finally been uploaded.
- We welcome Ester Di Tommaso for a practical project in the group.
- Berit has been elected as ChemPubSoc Europe Fellow 2016/2017! Proud to be part of such a distinguished selection of Chemists.
- The annual Alumni BBQ will take place September 4th. Welcome all present and past coworkers!
- Piret has moved back to Estonia after three years in the group. We will miss you!
Our cover page in Chem. Comm. is now published. Purple of course, well designed Gabbi & Piret!
Link to the paper on thioamide arylation.
- The chemoselective S-arylation of thioamides is now published in Chem. Commun. as an Accepted article. Congratulations Piret & Gabbi!
- Photos from the 6th ICHIC (International Conference on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry) in Cardiff.
- Many chapters in the Patai book on Hypervalent Halogen Chemistry, which Berit is an Editor of, are now available online.
- The metal free N-arylation of amines is now published in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. as an
Accepted article. Well done Nibadita, Gabbi and Erika!
- We had a fun group evening at Gröna Lund with Femkamp and rollercoasters.
- We have participated in the 1st National Meeting of the Swedish Chemical Society (SCS), June 2018, where Gabbi won a poster prize!
- The metal-free formal synthesis of Phenoxazine is now published in Beilstein J. Org. Chem. as part of the special issue on Hypervalent iodine chemistry. Congratulations Gabbi, Antonia & Chandan!
- We welcome Dr. Laura Castoldi, who will do a two year post doc in the group.
- Upcoming conferences where Berit will lecture: 1st SCS (National Meeting of the Swedish Chemical Society), Lund; 6th ICHIC (International Conference on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry), Cardiff; 22nd ICOS (International Conference on Organic Synthesis), Florence. Berit will also attend 10th YIW (Young Investigator Workshop), Oxford and Marucs & Gabbi will participate in the 7th EuCheMS, Liverpool.
- Marcus has been awarded the Sigrid Arrhenius scholarship, which provides one scholarship per year (46 000 SEK) to a PhD student performing outstanding research work leading to a doctoral degree at Stockholm University’s Faculty of Science. Congratulations Marcus!
- The application period for the PhD student position is now closed.
- PhD student position available in the group, application deadline April 24th.
- We welcome Erika Linde, who will do a 60 ECTS Master project in the group.
- Our two complementary routes to phenols have been published in Organic Letters. Congratulations Marcus, Guru, Melanie & Erik!
- The post doc position has now been filled, and we look forward to welcoming Dr. Laura Castoldi to the group in June.
- We welcome Barbara Gräfen from Mainz University for a Master project in the group.
- We have received a very large number of applications for the available post doc position. The deadline is now passed, and the top candidates will be contacted for interviews in February.
- We have a post doc position available in the group! Application deadline January 15th.
- Post doc position available in the group! Application deadline January 15th.
- Now the JOC special issue on Hypervalent iodine is finally published, with our new synthesis of diaryliodonium salts.
- Gabbi won a poster award at the symposium Photocatalysis in organic synthesis in Gothenburg, with Berit as one of the organizers. Photos available here.
- Our mechanistic investigation on O-arylations is among the top 10 most accessed papers in Chemistry - A European Journal in September!
- Elin Stridfeldt and Erik Lindstredt received their PhD diplomas at the yearly Stockholm University ceremony in the City Hall.
- The group participated in the excellent conference HalChem VIII in Japan, September 2017.
- We welcome Tim Seedorf and Antonia Becker to the group for practical projects!
- Marcus presented his halftime seminar on August 30th, with Abraham Mendoza as opponent.
- Great Alumni BBQ at Berit's place August 25th!
- Our one-pot synthesis od unsymmetric diaryliodonium salts from iodine and arenes has been published in J. Org. Chem. Congratulations Erik & Marcus!
- Our mechanistic investigation on O-arylations is now published in Chemistry - A European Journal. Congratulations to all the coworkers who have been involved in the project over the years!
- Marcus will defend his halftime report on August 30th at 14.00 with Abraham Mendoza as opponent.
- We welcome all Alumni to a group BBQ on August 25th!
- Erik, Yuvraj and Nibadita have now left the group; you will be missed!
- Melanie has finished her project in the group, the results of which will soon be submitted. Well done!
- Berit participated at the 20th ESOC in Cologne, and was elected as a memeber of ESOC's International Scientific Committee.
- Elin's last day in the group has passed, and we wish her good luck with getting used to be a Doctor and finding a good job!
- Berit will be Deputy Dean for the Chemistry Section from August 2017.
- Our paper " Mild Synthesis of Sterically Congested Alkyl Aryl Ethers" was highlighted in Organic Synthesis Highlights (Organic Chemistry Portal).
- Elin successfully defended her thesis June 2nd, with Zoltan Novak as opponent. Congratulations!
- Zoltan Novak gave a research seminar June 1st, in conjunction with the defence.
- Elin nailed her thesis, which means that it's only 3 weeks left...
- Nibadita joined the cake competition!
- Erik Lindstedt successfully defended his thesis May 12th, with Kilian Muniz as opponent. Congratulations!
- Kilian Muniz gave a research seminar May 11th, in conjunction with the defence.
- We welcome Yuvraj Satkar, who has joined the group for a 3 months PhD exchange period.
- Melanie joined the cake competition!
- Erik has nailed his thesis, congratulations! Only 3 weeks left to the defence...
- We welcome Melanie Walther, who has joined the group as an Ersamus student.
- We welcome Guru Ramani, who has joined the group on a post doctoral Fellowship from WennerGren Foundations.
- Two PhD defences will take place in the group this spring:
Erik Lindstedt will defend May 12th at 10.00, with Kilian Muniz as opponent.
Elin Stridfeldt will defend June 2nd at 10.00, with Zoltan Novak as opponent.
- Save the dates for two Trends in Organic Chemistry-symposia, which will take place in 2017 (free of charge):
Trends in Green Chemistry April 3rd, Stockholm
Photocatalysis in organic synthesis November 6th, Gothenburg (including hypervalent iodine)
- We got funding from the Wenner-Gren Foundations for a post doc scholarship to Ramani Gurubrahamam. Congratulations Ramani!
- Berit gave a lecture at Lund University on Hypervalent iodine reagents for metal-free arylations, alkynylations and vinylations.
- Viola Hobiger has finished her project in the group and moved back to Austria. We hope to have her back here soon for Master studies!
- Gergely Tolnai has now left the group after a successful post doc period, we wish him the best of luck with his independent career in Budapest!
- Gabriella has made her first contribution to the cake competition.
- Nibadita Purkait has started a post doc in the group. Welcome!
- Berit did Lidingöloppet, a 30 km cross country running race, which was the last race in A Swedish Classic. See photos here.
- Our long-term project on vinylbenziodoxolones (VBX) has been published as a "Hot Paper" in Chemistry - a European Journal. Congratulations Elin, Alexandra, Marien & Chandan!
- Viola has made a tasty contribution to the cake competition.
- Gabriella Kervefors has started a PhD in the group. Welcome!
- Our synthesis of sterically congested alkyl aryl ethers is now published in Organic Letters. Congrats Erik & Elin!
- Our O-arylation of carbohydrates has been published in Angewandte Chemie. Congratulations Gergely!
- Our nitroarene synthesis by C-H functionalization of arenes is among the 10 most accessed papers in Angewandte Chemie in June! It has also been highlighted in Organic Process Research & Development.
- Nature index 2016 shows that Stockholm University publication expansion is world-class, and Chemistry has the strongest constribution to the index!
- We welcome Viola Hobiger, who is an Erasmus student from Vienna.
- Berit has done the 3rd part of 4 in the long distance sport events "En Svensk Klassiker" (A Swedish Classic): "Vansbrosimningen", which is a 3 km open water swim (time 1:11).
- The group participated in the the 5th International Conference on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry (ICHIC 2016) in Switzerland.
- Berit has finished the 2nd part of 4 in the long distance sport events "En Svensk Klassiker" (A Swedish Classic): "Vätternrundan", which is a 300 km bike race around lake Vättern. The time was 9 hours and 30 min, corresponding to 31.6 km/h (including stops to repair flat tires etc).
- The group participated in the Swedish conference "Organikerdagarna" in Umeå.
- Our nitroarene synthesis by C-H functionalization of arenes is now published in Angewandte Chemie.
- The Top. Curr. Chem. book "Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry" (Ed: Thomas Wirth) is now published, including Berit's chapter on Arylations with Diaryliodonium Salts.
- The announced PhD student position is now filled, and we welcome Gabriella Kervefors to the group in September.
- Our nitroarene synthesis by C-H functionalization of arenes has been accepted for publication in Angewandte Chemie; congratulations Marcus & Piret! We had a proper celebration with an arene cake and fizzy fruits.
- The application period for the announced PhD student position is closed, and interviews will take place in May.
- One PhD student position in Metal-Free Synthetic Organic Chemistry available in the group. Please follow the application instructions; deadline May 2nd.
- Berit did Vasaloppet - the world's oldest, longest and biggest long distance skiing competition (90 km) in 8 hours & 44 min. Very proud and very tired now. This was the 1st of 4 races in "En Svensk Klassiker" (A Swedish Classic).
- Our most cited papers are now listed in Publications. Our Angewandte review on Diaryliodonium Salts has reached more than 320 citations!
- Berit was an invited speaker at the Autumn Meeting of the Organic Chemistry Division of the French Chemical Society in Paris.
- Don't miss the Twitter account Hypervalent Iodine (@Hyperiodine), which provides fast access to all publications on hypervalent iodine chemistry.
- Funding for four more years of hypervalent iodine research was granted by the Swedish Research Council!
- Berit's chapter on Arylations with Diaryliodonium Salts in Current Developments in Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry - the new Topics in Current Chemistry book - is finally electronically available.
- Organic Letters are as fast as always - the paper is already online!
- The arylation of nitroalkanes is accepted in Organic Letters, congrats Chandan and Erik!
- Erik has made a new contribution to the ongoing cake competition!
- Erik, Marcus and Joel went to the IUPAC conference in Korea in August.
- Photos now added from the European Symposium of Organic Chemistry (ESOC XIX).
- Berit was an invited speaker at European Symposium of Organic Chemistry (ESOC XIX) in Lisbon; Chandan and Marcus presented posters. Photos will be added soon.
- The collaboration project with Tomas Wirth's group has now been published.
- Berit was an invited speaker at the 9th Paul Walden Symposium in Riga.
- Gergely is now part of the ongoing cake competition!
- Our arylation of amides has been published in Organic Letters, congratulations Elin and our collaboration partners Fredrik & Helena in the Adolfsson group.
- Both Elin and Erik have sucessfully defended their licentiate theses, congratulations!
- We welcome our new post doc Piret Villo, who will stay in the group for two years.
- We welcome our new post doc Gergely Tolnai, who will stay in the group for two years.
- We welcome Constantin Ruppel, who does a Bachelor project in the group this spring.
- Berit is now back in Stockholm after a lovely period at STIAS in Stellenbosch.
- Berit has been interviewed for an article in RSC Chemistry World on how female scientists deal with parenthood.
- The advertised post doc position has now been filled, and Dr. Gergely Tolnai from the Hungarian Academy of Sciences will join the group in spring.
- The deadline for the announced postdoctoral position has been passed, and the more than 60 applications will now be reviewed. Skype interviews with the top candidates will take place in the end of January.
- One postdoctoral position is available in the group; application deadline is January 20th.
- Joel has been employed by OnTarget Chemistry in Uppsala, congratulations!
- Our review on organometallic additions to amides is now out in Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, including a cover picture! Congratulations Vittorio!
- Our arylation of aliphatic alcohols belongs to the most accessed papers from ChemPubSoc Europe, ACES and GDCh journals in October 2014!
- Berit is a STIAS Fellow November 2014 - February 2015, and presently enjoys the lovely summer in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Our former post doc Raju got a job at TCG LifeSciences in Kolkata, congratulations!
- Joel successfully defended his thesis October 24, and is now a Doctor of Philosophy in Organic Chemistry. Congratulations Joel!
- Joel's thesis is now printed and availiable in Diva.
- Berit has been interviewed by ChemistryViews.
- We welcome Alexandra, an Erasmus student from Hannover, for a master degree project.
- Photos from ICHIC 2014 are now available on the official website.
- Our arylation of indoles with heterogeneous Pd-catalysis is now out in Chemistry - A European Journal; congratulations Joel & Anuja!
- Marcin has just started a new job as Chemical Safety Officer at Max IV, congratulations!
- The group welcomes Marcus (PhD student) and Christin (Erasmus student from Kiel).
- More photos have been added to the ICHIC 2014.
- The whole group went to Japan to participate in the 4th International Conference on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry, ICHIC 2014 - see photos.
- We participated in the 24th Organikerdagarna at Djurönäset.
- Our one-pot synthesis of benzofurans has been published in Chemistry - A European Journal; congratulations Raju & Elin!
- We had an Alumni BBQ in the beginning of May, see photos here!
- We welcome Chandan as a new post doc in the group.
- The application period for the announced PhD student position is now ended.
- Our arylation of aliphatic alcohols is now published in ChemistryOpen.
- One PhD student position is available in the group, read more here.
- Erik is advancing in the cake competition, see photos here.
- Our arylation of aliphatic alcohols has been accepted for publication in ChemistryOpen. Congratualtions Raju, Erik and Nazli!
- Our book chapter in Comprehensive Organic Synthesis is finally out!
- Raju's synthesis of N-aryloxyamines has been published in Organic Letters, congratulations!
- Diaryliodonium salts are indeed becoming famous; they are now listed with a separate heading as synthetic reagents at the Sigma-Aldrich website!
- Jan Blid has now left the group to work full time in his company KeytoLead.
- Our one-pot synthesis and application of N-heteroaryliodonium salts is now published in ChemistryOpen.
- We welcome Francesco Pisapia from Italy for a 3 month practical project.
- The post doc position has been filled by Dr. Chandan Dey (ETH), who will begin in May.
- Our long-term project on one-pot synthesis and application of N-heteroaryliodonium salts, started in 2008 (!), has been accepted in ChemistryOpen. Congratulations to all authors!
- Our recent paper on O-arylation in water is highlighted in ChemistryViews!
- One post-doc position available!
- See the photos from the annual HABO Christmas cruise.
- Our O-arylation paper in Chemistry is among the most accessed in 09/2012-09/2013!
- Erik's & Raju's green synthesis of aryl ethers in water is now published in Organic Letters!
- One PhD student position available in the group. Application deadline November 20.
- Follow the cake competition!
- Joel has successfully defended his licentiate thesis, congratulations!
- Our popular scientific review on Iodine has been published in Science in School.
- We welcome Vittorio Pace, who has started a post doc in the group.
- Marien has been employed by OncoTargeting in Uppsala. Congratualtions!
- Ellie's HMBPP synthesis, as part of a collaboration project with Prof. Ingrid Faye, SU, has been accepted for publication in PLOS ONE.
- Nazli's project in Brazil, in collaboration with Prof. Luiz F. Silva, Jr., has been accepted in Tetrahedron Let.
- We welcome Sebastian Beil from Germany, who has started a degree work in the group.
- The chemoselectivity paper is now out in Chemistry as online open paper.
- Berit has been promoted to Professor!
- Congratulations to Leti, who has got a post doc position in the McGlacken group at the University college of Cork!
- Our chemoselectivity study of diaryliodonium salts has been accepted in Chemistry!
- We have finally finished the book chapter on α-oxygenation of carbonyl compounds for Comprehensive Organic Synthesis 2nd Edition.
- Congratulations to Nazli, who has become the proud mother of a baby daughter!
- We welcome Jan Blid as a new senior researcher in the group!
- Corentin and Iris have both finished their stays in the group.
- Photos now out from the trip to India.
- Our synthesis of alkynyliodonium salts is one of the most accessed papers in Chemistry!
- The group has been at HalChem VI in Bangalore, India.
- 25 Post doc positions available at Stockholm University! Application info here.
- Nazli's large scale prep of Koser's reagent is out in Org Syn Express.
- Iris Tebeka has started her post doc in the group. Welcome!
- Corentin Pavageau from France has started a 4 month internship. Welcome!
- Erik Lindstedt has started his PhD. Welcome!
- Marinus' one pot synthesis of alkynyliodonium salts is now published in Chemistry.
- Mustafa Catir has finished his post doc and returned to Turkey.
- Nazli's and Tue's arylation of oxygen nucleophiles is now published in Chem. Eur. J.
- Elin Stridfeldt has started her PhD. Welcome!
- See photos from Nazli's defence.
- Nazli has successfully defended her thesis with Prof. Viktor Zhdankin as opponent. Congratulations!
- Marcin got a job as Analytical sales specialist at Sigma-Aldrich. Congratulations!
- Berit got a second daughter and is on maternity leave until August 13th.
- Photos from the SGM in Sandhamn are now posted.
- Raju Ghosh from India has joined the group as a post doc.
- Our former post doc Ellie got a position at RSC working with ChemComm. Congratulations!
- There is one PhD position available; see application instructions in English and Swedish.
- As a part of our collaboration with Luiz F. Silva's group, a hypervalent iodine conference was held at Sandhamn.
- Mustafa Catir from Turkey has joined the group as a post doc.
- Umar from Cardiff University is doing a short exchange period in the group in January.
- Check out the media coverage of the "Iodine 200 years" review: Link 1 - Link 2 - Link 3.
- The application deadline for the PhD position has now passed, and an evaluation will be made. Interviews or a direct decision on the position are expected in the middle of December.
- Nazli's thesis defence will take place June 5th with Prof. Viktor Zhdankin as opponent.
- Our review on Iodine 200 years, jointly written by 11 authors, is finally published in Angew!
- Our review in Natural Product Reports is among the most accessed in August-November.
- One vacant PhD student position in the group. NB: Apply via the department website.
- Pictures & video from the BMOS conference in Brasilia in September.
- Our review in Natural Product Reports is among the 10 most accessed in August!
- Thore has started a 6 month project in the group.
- Luiz & my review has been published in Natural Product Reports!
- Tue has finished his post doc in the group, and we wish him good luck with his new family.
- Luiz & my review "Hypervalent Iodine Reagents in the Total Synthesis of Natural Products" has been accepted in Natural Product Reports!
- See Berit on TV4 with her inline club Stockholm Speedskaters!
- The review on Iodine 200 years, jointly written by 11 authors, has been accepted in Angew!
- Tue's synthesis of aryl esters has been published in Organic Letters!
- Marcin Bielawski successfully defended his thesis on April 15th. Congratulations!
- Ellie's one-pot synthesis of alkynyl- and vinyliodonium salts has been published!
- See pictures from the group ice skating event on Norrviken.
- Marinus Bouma has started his post doc in the group.
- Nazli's synthesis of diaryl ethers has been published in Organic Letters!
- Ellie has finished her post doc after 2.5 years in the group. She will be missed!
Her next post doc will be in Prof. Luiz Silva Jr's group in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- The advertised post doc position has been filled.
- Nazli has gone to Sao Paulo, Brazil for a 3 month exchange in Prof. Luiz Silva Jr's group.
- See new applications of diaryliodonium salts from Sanford & Gaunt.
- Pictures from the Christmas trip to Åland.
- One post doc position is available in the group.
- Photos from Prof. Kita's visit in Stockholm.
- Our review on α-functionalization of carbonyl compounds is out!
- Marcin's thesis defence will be held April 15th with Prof. Antonio Togni as opponent.
- Our review on α-functionalization of carbonyl compounds with hypervalent iodine reagens will soon appear in Synthesis.
- Our paper on the one-pot synthesis of Koser's reagent is out!
- See photos from the 3rd International Conference on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry (ICHIC) in Bordeaux July 4-7.
- The whole group participates at the 3rd International Conference on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry (ICHIC) in Bordeaux July 4-7, see program here.
- Our paper on the mechanism of α-arylations with diaryliodonium salts is out!
- Berit got a permanent position as Associate Professor (Lektor) at Stockholm University.
- Joel & Nazli got poster awards at Organikerdagarna in Uppsala, congratulations! See the posters & some photos here.
- Berit gave a plenary lecture at Organikerdagarna in Uppsala.
- Our paper on the synthesis of chiral diaryliodonium salts is out!
- The Winter conference in Laisaliden, Sweden took place.
- Leticia has joined the group for a 3 months exchange. She is a PhD student from Spain.
- Rehan has joined the group for a 6 months exchange. He is a PhD student from Pakistan.
- Photos from the group dinner.
- Nazli has successfully defended her licentiate thesis, congratulations!
- The short course on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry was given February 15-16, with Prof. Thomas Wirth and Prof. Luiz F. Silva, Jr as invited speakers.
- Joel and Vania have started in the group. Joel is a PhD student and Vania an exchange PhD student from Brazil.
- New winter-like group photo.
- A short course on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry will be given February 15-16, as part of a course series on Hot Topics in Organic Chemistry.
|Our Angewandte Review on diaryliodonium salts is out!|
|Look at cool Iodine photos for our Angewandte frontispiece.|
- Our Synlett paper employing hydrogen peroxide is out.
- Eloisa has started in the group; she is the first exchange student in a STINT-financed collaboration with Luiz F. Silva, Jr. in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Photos from ESOC and YIW in the Czech Republic.
- The first circular for 3rd International Conference on Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry (ICHIC) 2010 is out.
- Berit had a metal week in Gothenburg; AC/DC played at Ullevi, then XVIII EuCheMS Conference on Organometallic Chemistry, then MetalTown!
- Our methodology has been published in Organic Syntheses!
- We are on the Organic Chemistry Portal.
- Group "fika" to celebrate that the hydrogen peroxide paper got accepted.
- Berit just got back from the Bürgenstock conference in Switzerland.
- Photos from the group's pool evening.
- Our new post doc, Tue Petersen, has started.
- The group went to Sälen for conference & skiing - photos here.
- Our methodology has been referred to in Science!
- The post doc postion has been filled. Our new post doc Tue Petersen will start in May.
- Photos from the international dinner.
- Photos from the winter meeting in Åre.
- Post doc position available!
- Ylva & Joel have started their diploma works in the BO group.
- Ellie got a post doc scholarship from Wenner-Gren Foundations!
- Berit went to the 1st winter meeting for young organic chemists in Åre.
- The BO group went on a Christmas cruise to Åland!
- Berit got a lecturer position (Lektorsanställningsbidrag) from the Swedish research council (VR) for 2009-2011.
- Marcin & Berit went to the 2nd European Chemistry Congress in Torino, Italy. Photos here.
- Jan Caspar has joined the group as an Erasmus student.
- Eleanor Merritt has started her post doc.
- We're getting blogged about!
- Marcin successfully defended his licentiate thesis the 25th of June. The opponent was Prof. Peter Somfai, KTH. See photos here.
- Organikerdagarna, a biannual Swedish conference, took place in Åhus. See photos here.
- Post doc position available in the group!
- The J. Org. Chem. paper entitled "Regiospecific One-Pot Synthesis of Diaryliodonium Tetrafluoroborates from Arylboronic Acids and Aryl Iodides" is out.
- David Aili received the AstraZeneca award for excellence!
- Felix Klinke left the group to finish his studies in Göttingen.
- Berit became Associate Professor ("Docent").
- Trip to Sälen with the Bäckvall and Åkermark groups, see photos here.
- A symposium entitled "Catalysis in Organic Synthesis" to celebrate the 60th birthday of Prof. J.-E. Bäckvall was held.