My research is focused on enantioselective iridium catalyzed hydrogenation/ hydrogen transfer reactions, which is divided into two main parts: development of new iridium catalysts and their evaluations in asymmetric hydrogenation and hydrogen transfer reactions.
1) Development of the chiral bicyclic-phosphine iridium catalysts.
New bicyclic pyridine-phosphine ligands were prepared and their iridium complexes were evaluated in asymmetric hydrogenation of tri-substituted olefins with non-coordinating and weak-coordinating groups.
2) Preparation of synthetically useful chiral compounds via iridium catalyzed asymmetric hydrogenation.
For example, asymmetric hydrogenation of α, β- conjugated esters, acid and lactones were investigated using Ir-catalyst with full conversions and high enantioselectivities.
3) Currently, I am working on the development of new NHC, P- iridium complexes and their applications on C-C bond and C-N bond formation via hydrogen transfer reactions.
1) J. Johan Verendel, Jia-Qi Li, Xu Quan, Byron Peters, Taigang Zhou, Odd R. Gautun,
Thavendran Govender and Pher G.Andersson. Chemistry-A European Journal, 2012, 18, 6507.
2) Jia-Qi Li, Xu Quan and Pher G. Andersson. Chemistry-A European Journal, 2012, 18, 10609.
3) Xu Quan, Vijay Singh Parihar, Milan Bera and Pher G. Andersson. European Journal of
Organic Chemistry, 2014, 1, 140-146.
4) Xu Quan, Sutthichat Kerdphon and Pher G. Andersson. Chemistry-A European Journal,
2015, 21, 3576.